Hard water can clog pipes, make soap and detergent difficult to dissolve and leave watermarks on surfaces. This causes limescale to build up in pipes and water-carrying devices, which can affect the efficiency of the heating system. This means that more energy has to be used, which leads to an increase in energy costs.
Water softeners can be used to treat hard water to minimize its negative effects. It is a special ion exchanger to dissolve positively charged ions. The anti-limescale system converts calcium ions into stable calcium crystals that cannot stick to surfaces, hardware, pipes, and other objects. You can also buy Harvey Minimax water softeners through various online sources.
Water treated with a water softener has many advantages over untreated hard water:
1) Cleaners, glossier mirrors, glassware, tableware, tiles, and other plumbing fixtures;
2) Less soap scum makes cleaning easier;
3) Softer and healthier-looking skin and cleaner and smoother hair;
4) Less use of soap and shampoo due to the large amount of foam produced by soft water;
5) Softer clothing as no hard minerals are left on the fabric; clothes last longer while white clothes stay whiter because hard water no longer stains them;
6) Extends the life of appliances that use water, including dishwashers, kettles, washing machines, coffee makers, and ice makers;
7) Save on monthly electricity bills and less/no equipment breakdowns.